During the course of S1 and S2 pupils will develop an understanding of many aspects of Design, including; aesthetic appreciation, consumerism, materials & manufacture. Ideas are explored, leading to informed design decisions.
Pupils will gained Knowledge & Understanding of:
- different material; wood, metal, plastic
- properties & uses of these materials
- aspects of the design process
- factors that influence design
and developed Practical skills in:
- the correct use of machine tools
- correct use of various hand tools
- working with accuracy
- using different design techniques
The video below show some of the projects undertaken by S1.